An Intro to my Diet Plan

On my birthday, at 4am, my boyfriend brought up my favorite ice cream cake and sang happy birthday to me! After serving me a slice, he pulled out a ring and proposed! I am so excited to begin my life with him and I want to begin our new life with a renewed self image. So, here I am, one of those brides, getting in shape for her wedding!
This page is as much to keep myself accountable as it is to help other brides on their journey (or those who just want some down to earth, friendly dieting tips) I am not an expert (although, sometimes I feel like one), these are just lessons learned from my experiences.

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Time to begin!

So, a week ago, on my 26th birthday, my boyfriend, Russ, proposed!  I have been quite uncomfortable with my weight for a couple of years now and there is no more time to waste! 
The plan: 
I've started off with a 10 day 10 lb diet starter!  Now, I don't know about you, but exercising is not my idea of fun!  So, I do food based weight loss with minimal exercise.  I'll keep the blog updated on my progress to keep myself accountable as much as to share the info. 
My goals:
Well, prior to this, I had already lost just over 10 lbs over the past 3 months.  Starting at 175 (the most I have ever weighed and way to big for my 5'1" frame), my ideal weight is 120, but I would be happy at 125 or 130.  On the morning of my engagement, I weighed 164.  After the first 6 days of my 10 day 10 lbs diet, I have lost 6 lbs and currently weigh in at 158.  So.... 17 lbs down and 38 to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment